The Persian empire stretched from the Balkans in Europe as far as India in the East of Asia at the time of the Achaemenid dynasty around 500 B.C., and the richness of Persia in terms of its history and peoples is both unique and legendary.
It’s no wonder, therefore, that most of the international travellers who tour and holiday in Persia (now known as Iran) are very interested in its cultural heritage sights and its fascinating historic buildings and monuments. If you are seeking to learn more about and experience ancient monuments, archaeological sites and ancient civilisations, then touring Persia is a great holiday option for you. The Discover Persia Tour is designed to ensure that you satisfy your love of history in this magnificent setting but also get a full appreciation of the way that Iranians live now.
Iran has so much more to offer travellers in addition to its unique history:
- The wonderful hospitable and fun-loving people of Iran who genuinely welcome tourists and love to practise speaking English with you.
- The organic fruit and vegetables that taste great because they have never been frozen or stored for more than a few hours! Pomegranate, barberry and orange juice and snacks such as dried and salted pistachios, almonds and walnuts will keep you going as you wander through the buzzing bazaars.
- The diverse and stunning landscape – high, ancient mountains with snow atop them even while the day is dazzlingly sunny; green pastures filled with sheep, goats and shepherds; date plantations that are so big you cannot see the end of them; trees with fruit or flowers clustered heavily upon them, and fragrant flowers that sweeten the air of ancient palaces; rivers and gushing waterfalls, ski resorts and vast deserts.
- The amazing Persian cuisine that has been refined over hundreds of years using recipes passed down the generations, and fiercely protected by Iranians, who are proud of their traditions and customs. Persian cuisine is s a delicious blend of fresh herbs, gentle spices, secret ingredients, and saffron, the world’s most expensive and exquisite flavouring.
More about your tour with us …
- An organised group tour with an established and reputable company is the safest and easiest way to enjoy Persia, which is a very large country and has so much to see. You will experience the most important sights, sounds and tastes of Persia.
- In addition, Mansour and Jacqueline personally host every tour group to make sure you have the best possible experience and get answers to all your questions about modern-day Iran.
- A professional, experienced local English-speaking tour guide will also accompany the tour to provide historical and cultural information en route.
- You will meet new people on your tour who share your interest in travel, history, culture and a sense of adventure, and you may well make lifelong friends from your holiday.
- You will have flexibility to do your own thing at points during the tour. Also, being a small group tour, we reduce waiting times incurred on larger tours.
- We strive to give you the best value tour available in Iran by working closely with our local tour provider so that your tour is excellent value for money and provides you with a high standard of comfort and professionalism. We collaborate with award–winning, established tour providers in Iran to make sure that your needs are understood and fulfilled. Your tour provider has the administrative support and local expertise in Iran to make your holiday arrangements go smoothly, and we will be in Iran throughout your visit to provide any extra help you need during your holiday.